Sunday, April 2, 2023

More Progress on Boundless


 I started last week's post but decided to wait to get a picture, so here it is.

2023: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 12

 Like last week, it was difficult to eek out time every day, but I managed to finish quilting and apply the machine binding on the Boundless quilt. I am now working on stitching the binding down to the back. I also spent a little time cutting fabric for Unallocated scrap quilt. I don't have much time to quilt, and need to get away from the computer so I can't spend much time with blog posts when I could be stitching.

15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 84 out of 84 days
Success rate  = 100%
 
 
Linked with:
 

This week was more exciting. Mary Fons showed my Zou the Elephant quilt on the Quilt Nerd Show. 
 
I finished the binding on Boundless quilt. Since it was made as a part of the Dust off An Old Quilt Book blog hop, I dusted off another book, and chose a design. The original plan was to embroider a design in the diamonds, redwork style

But when I opened the drawer to see if I had some freezer paper or press n seal, I found some fusible and I decided to use the leftover binding to add some applique instead. The design is exactly the size of the binding strip.
 

Zoey approves. There is plenty of white space to let the diamonds shine but adds that extra that gives the maximalist touch.

2023: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 13

This week, I hand stitched down the binding on the Boundless quilt, chose a design and added applique to the diamonds.

15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 91 out of 91 days
Success rate  = 100%
 
 
Linked with:
 
 
 
I finished the Boundless quilt on April 1, 2023. I will show you the reveal as soon as I get some pictures.

1 comment:

Kate said...

How cool that Zou got a showing on the Quilt Nerd Show. Congrats on finishing Boundless. Your metrics are looking great, you've stitched every day this year and are doing well with your challenge to finish more than you start. Happy stitching this week.