When I entered the finish of my portraits quilt on my spreadsheet, I noticed how far behind I am in my very easy goal of finishing more quilts than I start this year. As the weather is turning cooler, I know that I need to make some fast progress towards my goal.
I have pulled out my Tuxedo Vest quilt since it looked like it would be a quick finish. It took me a while to search out what I had named this quilt. The name will change, but I haven't come up with a new name.
It turns out that this quilt is about two years old and when I left it, I was planning on adding another column to make it a little bigger. It is a simple and easy quilt that I should have been able to finish in a day or a weekend, and here it is, still unfinished two years later.
I had hung up this top on a hanger, but I didn't put the leftover fabric with the quilt.
I put the quilt top with the African fabric I recently purchased in my bedroom because I want to keep my studio clean for Youtube videos when I decided that some of the African fabrics would really enhance this quilt top.
15 Minutes to Stitch Week 37 and 38
I am showing this chart again to show that I need to have two finishes to meet my goal. I spent most of my time thinking about what to do with the Tuxedo Vest quilt, so there isn't really anything to show for it. Until this morning, I wasn't really thrilled with any of the ideas, but I could see that I was making forward progress. It finally clicked this morning, and now I am ready to take more action on this quilt.