Seems like a good time to post a status report. I'm posting these here as a chronicle of my days, but I'll limit them to headlines (or at least short blurbs, because my fingers do like to type) to keep anyone from being bored to tears.
- My old dryer stopped working. I have a new one, which has a big door which stays open, moisture sensors, and a light inside. Drawback, the lint trap is hidden and more awkward than the old one. There was a weird special that made it cheaper to buy the nicer dryer than the standard basic one.
- Michael Jackson recently died. The news media seems to be taking credit for why so many people are mourning, thinking people just want to be a part of a "big event." I'm glad people are mourning - they are honoring his talents and accepting his human frailties.
- My allergies have been kicked up again. I haven't been around cats, but I've been around people who have been around cats. My daughter has been spending lots of time with my sister's cats. Ugh.
- I've been doing peripheral quilting activity. I chose a backing and batting for a UFO. I had originally been planning on adding a border, but then the backing and batting would be too small. I even pressed everything. I've also cut out more scraps for the rail fence leaders and enders quilt.
- I've been working on cleaning up my bedroom / quilting supplies storage room. Yep, one and the same. It's made me very fickle - "I should work on this, no I should work on this." I think maybe I should just keep cleaning. Even if it stirs up dust and aggravates the allergies.
- The sky has been really pretty, and we had a run of cooler weather, which was nice. I'd take summer over winter any day. I have a job that lets me come and go as I please, so I don't have to deal with allergies at work, which is very nice.
I hope you too are having a nice summer!