Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ants!


When I asked my mother to make some low-salt, wheat-free frozen dinners for me to pack for lunch, it came with free delivery. She has the keys to my house, so she will put the food in my freezer or refrigerator. While she is here, she also washes the dishes and cleans the sink. One day she said she noticed ants outside my house. She put some ant traps outside that I think is food that kills the queen. Lately, she has been cleaning out my kitchen cabinets, and taking out food that has expired. She even found a can from 2006! I don't know how that could have happened. No wonder I was running out of room in my cabinets. Anyway, my kitchen is cleaner now than it has been in a while.

So imagine my surprise when I came downstairs for breakfast and found an ant on my kitchen counter. I killed it, thinking everything was fine, but there was another one, and another one. And another one. Then I saw the millions that were in the sink. Aargh! It's an invasion! I was afraid to go into my kitchen this morning, but I think I've taken care of the problem.

The photo was taken by my nephew during our walk on Easter. The one I took was too blurry to use.

4 comments:

Pat said...

All I can say, is that's a lot of ants, my dear friend. LOL Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!

Elaine Adair said...

Blachhhh!

Allie said...

Yuck! I hate ants. But I hate spiders worse, lol!

Tanya said...

I've got an ant problem too but mine come one at a time... They don't walk in a line, they don't group. They appear out of nowhere and the cats like to jump on them. I wish the cats would eat them.