Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

It's the last day of the year.  A last chance to get the things I wanted to get done this year done.  Fortunately, I can't think of anything that simply must get done this year, so I am going to rest and take it easy.  Always end the year the way you want the new year to be!

My plans for next year are to keep doing what I did this year - working on progressing on my unfinished quilts as much as I can, and only start projects that I can take to completion.

It sounds like the economy is picking up, and I hope to find full time permanent employment.

More immediately though, I am going to take advantage of my time at home by getting as much of the quilting and genealogy accomplished while I can.

Also, I am hoping to get a dog.  This is the first time we will have had a pet in a long time.  We previously had goldfish, so this will be quite a change! I've never had a dog, even as a child.  I will try not to overwhelm the blog with pictures of a new pet, but I am sure I will be needing lots of advice from time to time.


I wanted to share a bit of what I recently learned. I had been buying needle threaders that look like the ones above - only they came in packs of three. I don't know what the brand name is. I hated them, because they kept breaking - the wire wasn't securely attached to the base, so it kept coming off, even when I held the wire to the base to avoid that.

I decided that I wasn't going to buy any needle threader that had more than one in a package.  I only need one at a time, although I will probably be buying more, so one is always available.  I heard good things about a Clover needle threader, but the site didn't have any, even though the website now has it.  I bought the DMC needle threader one shown at the top of the post. Mine is blue so it is a little less easy to lose.  Cue music. It is awesome.  I haven't tried the ones on the sides.   It works really well, and even though I still hold the wire to the base, it is securely attached and doesn't feel like it will come off at any minute. I've been using it for three strands of embroidery floss, and it is almost magical how it goes through the needle. 

It also works well as a good luck charm, because there were several occasions that I was able to thread a needle myself without even needing to try the needle threader.

I hope that 2011 goes well for you - may you be healthy, happy, productive, and surrounded by love.

4 comments:

Allie said...

Well good for you on taking it easy tonight, we are too, I refuse to greet the new year with stress, lol! I hope you do find a job - my son has been looking for months, and it's my hope he gets one too [argh], lol. A dog - good for you!! Get some books NOW on training. I do recommend crate training - so much easier.

I hate those cheap needle threaders too, good for you on finding a good one! Have a wonderful New Year, full of joy and prosperity and good health!

SG said...

Happy new year!

Angie said...

Happy New Year to you, Shasta! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. :) AND thank you for sharing about the Clover needle threader. I didn't know it was available, and I've gone through a bazillion of the little round silver ones that barely last through ONE threading. I'll be looking for one of those Clovers.

If you've never had a dog or puppy, you are in for a treat, IMHO. :D They love you like no one else, and are instant entertainment---and lots of aggravation until you both adjust. ;) I, frankly, cannot imagine my life without at least one dog in it. They never cease to delight and amaze me. Good luck, with the pup and with finding a permanent job that you enjoy. :)

Barb said...

Hi
Happy New Year
Let us know about the threader - i haven't seen that one yet.
I hope you get a lot accomplished!
Now to catch up on your other posts.