Monday, January 30, 2023

Progress During Week off Project Quilting

 Project Quilting releases their challenge every other week. This means that last week was my week off from that challenge. I focused on catching up on household work and prepping ahead for the challenge week. Laundry done. Grocery shopping done. Cooking ahead, mostly done.

2023: 15 Minutes to Stitch Week 4



I had free time this week to choose my own project. It was very difficult to stay focused. I kept wanting to work on other projects - new ones, and other older ones. I decided to make more triangles for Jazzy Blues to at least finish up that part of the project (piecing the units). I sewed up all of the triangles that I had cut. I think this means I am finished with them. I will press them, trim them, and then count them to be sure. 

I also spent some time cleaning the Cave and thinking about what to do with my scraps.

I also added some hand quilting stitches to Sonder. It just looked like it needed more stitches in the center.

 
15 minute days this week --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 28 out of 28 days
Success rate  = 100%
 
Linked with: 15 Minutes to Stitch

6 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Did you groan when you read the Project Quilting challenge this week? I did. I'm so tired of making triangle in a square blocks. ;o)

Kate said...

It's nice when there is a bit of a break between quilt along projects. It helps keep you on track with the older stuff or in my case play catch up. Great stitching time metrics this year. Fingers crossed that February is just as good.

Kyle said...

All your prep work both sewing and home maintenance will pay off in the end.

Norma Schlager said...

I like your colors. I look forward to seeing how this finishes.

Tanya said...

I guess I'm having problems staying focused also. Everything looks so nice and fun to make and I even cut fabric and then decided to do something else! I think I need to make a purely sewing day with no interruptions (that means cooking!)

Rose said...

I think i have said it before...but if I only thought it, I LOVE, love, love that blue fabric you used for the triangles.