Sunday, July 16, 2023

Quilting and Life Updates

 I have continued my index card a day project, usually making many more than one a day. This drawing is based on a photo I took during the first neighborhood tour we went to. Most of the videos I have watched about drawing say to start with a photo or actual items instead of using your imagination. It lets you really see the shapes and the shading when you have something real in front of you. 

I am really happy with this drawing because it does look like a person and a dog, even though I do need to work with my shading to make it look like shading and not underarm sweat.

 

My work will be winding down soon, which means that I am getting excited about having more sewing time. The clematis flowers don't look very healthy, but I really like how they look painterly.


We went on another neighborhood tour with the library. This sculpture was moved from the library to a park.


15 Minutes to Stitch Week 27 and 28

 


I didn't get a chance to do any quilting on week 27 as I put everything away to get ready for a fourth of July gathering, but on week 28, I took out the Spicy Stars quilt and took an inventory of what is done and what the next steps are. I figured out the measurements for the side triangles and corner triangles. I

15 minute days these weeks --7 out of 14
15 minute days this year -- 155 out of 197 days
Success rate  = 79%
 
 
Linked with:
 




4 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun post card! I see what you mean about the shading, but I didn't that that till you said it. You've done well at working in what stitching time you could, you are still over 75%. That is still really awesome.

Timothee Lambert said...

"Hats off to you for sharing your personal experiences in your blog. Your vulnerability and authenticity make it relatable and inspiring. Keep up the fantastic work!"
https://www.aintpayingfull.com/promotions/honey-baked-ham-senior-discount

Tanya said...

You are so funny! Wonderful drawing!!!

Rose said...

Underarm sweat...that made me laugh. I did not think that way till you said it and then I got tickled. I think it is quite good. I agree about the clematis being painterly...