Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Starting a YouTube Channel

 


The work on the project for my day job is basically complete, so I will probably not be working for the next two months.This year, I decided to use my time off more productively by launching my career as an artist. I don't know what that means yet. It will probably have something to do with making and selling quilts. 

I have been thinking about starting a YouTube channel anyway, as a way to show a video of the quote quilt, and the index cards and art journal that I made. These types of things aren't as easy to show with photos on the blog.



I created the channel called Quilt and Color and posted my first completed art journal. I wanted to get practice on making videos before I start showing the quilts.

I decided that if I was going to take the time to learn to record and edit videos, I might as well go in and try to create a channel that will be monetized. To make sure viewers have a reason for coming back, I will offer tutorials and product reviews. I know that you are supposed to stay in your niche, so I am using a broad niche to begin with - just a creativity channel so I can paint and color and quilt and anything to do with art. The people who don't recommend staying with a niche said to just throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks. That way you can focus on what your viewers want.

I won't spam this blog with all of my videos, but I will let you know about what I publish from time to time. If you are interested, I would love it if you subscribe and watch my videos. I need at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of viewing just to become monetized. I appreciate your help.and support you have given me on my blog and would love it if you would do the same for the YouTube channel.


5 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh Shasta, what a super idea! I can barely figure out where to find time to post on my blog, but I would love to learn something new and hope I can figure out how to follow you along on your journey. I just subscribed (I think it worked LOL) to your you tube so we will see if I can figure it out as it goes along. I'm hoping to get back into blogging by posting every Monday - and, of course here it is Wednesday...

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you for letting me look through your sketchbook. I especially like your portraits - every face has personality.
Queenie

Kate said...

Sounds like a great way to use your break time. I agree that a wide angle approach is probably best, it gives you options and if something new pops up you want to explore, it still fits. Good luck!

Rose said...

I subscribed to your channel...I watched the one with all your index cards last night...so many of them I just simple loved!!!!! I hope you have a lot of success with it.

Tanya said...

What an adventure! You are so good to be starting new things and not just wishing you could do it! I'll go and subscribe too!

Love, Tanya