Friday, August 25, 2023

My Weekly Painting and Quilting Progress

 

I had a fabulous arty week. I have finished five 8" x10"paintings so far, all based on quilt blocks. I have five more blank canvases to make for this series. I will use bigger canvases for the next series. 

I found out that my video problems with Youtube had to do with system upgrades, internet speed, and low battery and not really a bug in any software. I am getting better with the software although the things I want to do is much harder to do than talking head videos.

15 Minutes to Stitch Week 33



I did start quilting though. I am making a quilt based on the index card portraits I have been making. The blocks will finish at 3x5 to match the size of the index cards. I am having fun with these, with fusible applique, but the pieces for the facial features are so fiddly.

It is taking time to make this since I am also recording my process so I can make a Youtube video out of it.


15 minute days these weeks --7 out of 7
15 minute days this year -- 162 out of 232 days
Success rate  = 70%
 
 
Linked with:
 


5 comments:

Kate said...

Those paintings are fun and I love your postcard quilt blocks. Happy stitching this week! Glad you are back to creating and stitching again.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh my, what else have I missed this summer?! Your paintings are wonderful and those appliques are so inspirational!! Great work!

Kaja said...

I love that you are making art inspired by quilts and quilts inspired by art!

Rose said...

I could not have said it better than Kaja...I just watched your latest video earlier this night...I enjoyed it a lot.

Tanya said...

I love your new paintings!