Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fabulous Saturday

I just had the best day yesterday!

I slept in and woke up fully refreshed and rested. Had a leisurely breakfast while I waited for my cell phone to be charged. It was a beautiful day with the best color blue skies. I had a wonderful scenic drive to my daughter's school, where I gave her additional things she had decided she needed. I took her and her friends to the local grocery store so they could stock up on supplies. They were very appreciative that they didn't have to walk cases of water that far, and I enjoyed seeing more of the college town and get to know her friends. Took the scenic drive back.

I stopped at a library I don't frequent to return Replay - a very good book about a man who gets a chance to re-live part of his life. I picked up a bunch of books as well. I came home and took a short nap.

Then I got ready and went out to dinner with some friends who I used to work with. It was great to catch up on their lives and find out about others we worked with. It had probably been 10 years since I saw most of them, so it was really strange to find out about colleges and grownup activities of their children.

I came home and browsed through of the books I had gotten from the library. A bunch of quilting books, including one that has the pattern of a quilt I have already collected fabrics for. The trick now is to maintain self control and finish my stars before I start cutting out another quilt already!

No comments: