Friday, March 8, 2019

Butterfly Wreath



I've been talking about the Butterfly Wreaths quilt for a few posts, but just realized I haven't shown you the whole top. Remember how I told you that these blocks were like eating potato chips, that you can't eat just one?  Well, I binged on a whole bunch and wound up with this size. Sewing them together wasn't as much fun as making the blocks because there are a lot of seams matching at the points, making it very bulky..

I added plain borders. I sandwiched and quilted the center. The backing is the same as the border.  I drew the scallops with a marker, using a plate, because I knew I would chicken out if I didn't. (It's a children's washable marker.)


I quilted lots of scallops on it. This picture was taken when I ran out of thread. I have quilted the last row. I cut out the scalloped border yesterday and will work on figuring out the bias binding. I haven't done that before either!

6 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

I like how you quilted the blocks - free motion or walking foot? Can't wait to see it with the scalloped edge, I've never done it before either. I'm planning on making mine lap size or larger...with such little blocks those chips may get stale before I have enough for a lap size. ;o)

Ann said...

A very pretty quilt. The name makes sense now.

Terry said...

What a pretty quilt! Good luck with the binding! :0)

Kyle said...

It keeps us sharp trying new things. Lovely.

Tanya said...

Ooh!! Beautiful quilt! Did you do all that quilting by hand? That’s a lot of quilting!

Kate said...

Very pretty! I've never done a scalloped border either. Looking forward to hearing your advice after doing it for the first time.