Friday, May 28, 2010

Shasta


Last night, as I was heading to bed, I remembered that I hadn't picked up my mail. I went back downstairs, got the mail from the mailbox. I planned to just leave it for me to look at in the morning, but there was a quilt magazine, American Patchwork & Quilting, August 2010 issue. August! I gave myself permission to flip through the pages quickly - not enough time to dream and plan and enjoy - but enough to know what is coming for me in the days ahead.

I must have been tired, because I did exactly that - flip through the pages quickly. I turned the last page, and there was a shock. It's my name! They've named a fabric line after me. I looked closer, and yep, still my name. Or is that steal my name? Come to think of it, when I was signing my posts, that might have been the font I used for my signature.



Please forgive the shadow. I dropped the camera at the quilt show last year, and flash pictures get the shadow.

Hmm, I wonder when the royalty checks will start coming in.

5 comments:

Shari said...

Looks like a great fabric line... wonder what's next for you... maybe a super fuel-efficient car... or a left-handed sewing machine...

Allie said...

Wow, and such a pretty fabric line too!!! How thrilling - you know you'll need some yardage from that, lol!

Michele Bilyeu said...

I saw that magazine just yesterday and immediately thought of you! I headed to the computer..but you'd beat me to it. I thought it was great fun.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'd camp our by your mailbox for a while, no way you want someone else intercepting those royalties, right?

Tanya said...

Well, that's nice. But I don't see any purple there nor any circles...