Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gift #3 and #4 in Progress


Oh goodness, it is already Wednesday and I still just have an in progress post. I was busily working on Gift #4, and avoiding the pressing of Gift #3. I thought that if I tried to press the applique and it didn't stick, then I would need another crying day, and I have too many gifts to make to take another crying day. Turns out that procrastination days take as much time as crying days, and I have now run out of crying days. I guess I should have read the rule book before I started.

So here I am, still working on Gifts #3 and #4 and have no crying days left over for the rest of the gifts. I also have run out of ideas for what to make the other gift recipients. The first four ideas came easily, but the others are harder. There is one more gift idea in my head, but I don't think I have the proper fabric colors available in my stash. I'll have to think harder on that one.

The good news is that Gift #3 is progressing quite nicely. I pressed the applique, and it did stick very well. I mounted it on the frame, and everything looks good. I got stuck when my staple gun didn't work. I think some old staples have rusted inside it, and all the shaking and shooting and banging isn't restoring it back to it's glory. My sister has one that I can borrow, so that gift is almost done. It does look like is missing something. I would appreciate it if you would please let me know what it's missing. I don't like the bird's eye, but I figure I can get my Sharpies out to fix that.

Gift #4 is progressing very nicely without any setbacks. Well, I still wasn't able to free motion quilt it, but the end result looks good. It is pieced and quilted. Just have to bind it, and I'll show you the grand finish.

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

I love that you're making so many gifts, it's just so much nicer and more fun, too! Oh, I do vote that you give the bird an eye..the better to spy with, my dear;)