Monday, December 31, 2018

2019 Word of the Year





My word of the year for 2018 was confidence. My goal for this year was to quiet that voice, and say back, "Yes, I am sure" instead of thinking "I think so" and pushing through despite my lack of assurance.

Unfortunately I have to say that it wasn't very successful for me. It worked okay for the most part, but it didn't permeate everything I did, like the Clarity word I had used before. Part of the problem is that it isn't an ongoing idea that affects everything I do. I am normally confident enough in normal, daily things, so the word only needed to be used in those times when I wasn't feeling confident, and it is hard to not feel what I feel. Also I tend to be a humble person, and I'm not quite sure how to be humble and confident at the same time.

There isn't anything I wish I had the confidence to do that I didn't do, but I didn't reach out to do anything that needed confidence either.

Anyway, it is time to plan a new word for the year. This year, I didn't have to look for the word on a list of words like I did last year. It came to me shortly after Thanksgiving, when gratitude is the motto. I kept thinking about it and since I am still thinking about it, I will use it for 2019.

Appreciate



Appreciation is more than being grateful. It is seeing the value and worth of everything and everybody in my life. It is about recognizing things that are normally taken for granted.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Good word Shasta - I appreciate YOU!!! Happy New Year!

Kate said...

A great word for 2019. It's so easy to take things for granted.