Saturday, December 1, 2018

Day 1: 31 Day Blog Challenge: Photos





I have joined the  31 day blog challenge that Muppin is hosting.  At first it seemed like a silly thing to join a challenge like this during a busy time of the year, but then I remembered I was going to tell you about a feature I figured out on my computer anyway, and maybe I could recreate it in some way for you. The two ideas converged and so I joined the challenge.





Since you can figure out what a 31 day blog challenge is, let me tell you about the new-to-me feature on my computer. You know how you can set a background on your computer so you have a pretty, personalized image behind all the icons you clutter you desktop with?  Well, there is a way you can tell it to choose a picture from a particular folder.  I chose my quilt pictures folder.  It's the folder where I copy all the pretty quilts I want to make.  At one point, I had thought about asking people if it is okay for me to make the quilt or ask them where they got the pattern, etc., but then I realized that the folder was pretty much a collection of pretty things to look at, and since the folder grows everyday, there really isn't a way for me to make all these quilts.


The really nice thing about this feature is that every day, I get to see a pretty quilt that I really like and at least it gets its time to re-inspire me to get my quilting done so I can start it. Of course by the time I get my current quilt done, I've seen several other quilts to inspire me also, so the chances are, it is just a way for me to get to see a new quilt without making any effort whatsoever.


The way I am combining it is that I will go ahead and queue up some random quilt pictures (my own photos so I don't break any copyright laws or upset anyone), and you get to enjoy your very own random picture. I'm going to go ahead and schedule them to post every day, so you are guaranteed to get 31 days of posts.


Now you may notice that I have not been missing a word from the title: "writing". Well, there will be writing, since I have to come up with a blog title.  I am hoping to sneak in from time to time and tell you a little bit about my crafty day, so sometimes you will get more than just a random picture.  You may get lots of random pictures between all the words.

There are a lot of other people who are joining this challenge, so be sure to click on this link to see what they are up to.

Linked to:
Wandering Camera

6 comments:

Anne said...

Well that is one way to join in with a challenge, I'm sure your posts are going to be very enjoyable.
#wanderingcamera

Kyle said...

Smart. I'll be enjoying your posts and checking out the background feature. Thanks.

Cathy said...

I already try to blog every day so it wouldn't be so challenging to me. And I have a folder like you describe. But I usually see something I want to make and then go make a couple of blocks so I don't forget and then I forget!

betty-NZ said...

I admire those that take on such challenges! I am so glad that you found a way to enjoy all the quilting photos you have!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Good luck Shasta. That's a pretty tall order, especially if it was only about quilting. It's also nice to see pictures that inspire you like the wall in the snow.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Sounds like a fun challenge to me. I like the quilt you've shown. Very artistic.